DISCLAIMER FOR INTERACTIVE SERVICES
Canada's Semiconductor Council maintains this Website as a service free of charge. By using any services provided herein, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the terms, conditions, and notices relating to its use.
1. As a condition of your use of this Website and the interactive services contained therein, you represent and warrant to Canada's Semiconductor Council that you will not use this Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices.
2. This Website might contain one or more of the following interactive services: bulletin boards, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities, and/or other message or communication facilities. You agree to use such services only to send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular service, area, group, forum, community, or other message or communication facility. In addition to any other terms or conditions of use of any bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities, and/or other message or communication facilities, you agree that when using one, you will not:
- Publish, post, upload, distribute, or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, derogatory, defamatory, infringing, improper, obscene, indecent, or unlawful topic, name, material, or information.
- Upload files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws or by rights of privacy of publicity unless you own or control such rights or have received all necessary consents.
- Upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer.
- Advertise any goods or services for any commercial purpose.
- Offer to sell any goods or services for any commercial purpose.
- Conduct or forward chain letters or pyramid schemes.
- Download for distribution in any manner any file posted by another user of a forum that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such a manner.
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices, proprietary designations, labels of the origin, source of software, or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying any of the bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities, and/or other message or communication facilities.
3. Canada's Semiconductor Council has no obligation to monitor the bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities, and/or other message or communication facilities. However, Canada's Semiconductor Council reserves the right at all times to disclose any information deemed by Canada's Semiconductor Council necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post, or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part.
4. You acknowledge that communications to or with bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities, and/or other message or communication facilities are not private communications, therefore others may read your communications without your knowledge. You should always use caution when providing any personal information about yourself or your children. Canada's Semiconductor Council does not control or endorse the content, messages, or information found in any bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities, and/or other message or communication facilities and, specifically disclaims any liability with regard to same and any actions resulting from your participation. To the extent that there are moderators, forum managers, or hosts, none are authorized Canada's Semiconductor Council spokespersons, and their views do not necessarily reflect those of Canada's Semiconductor Council.
5. The information, products, and services included on this Website may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information herein. Canada's Semiconductor Council may make improvements and/or changes to this Website at any time. Advice received via this Website should not be relied upon for personal, legal, or financial decisions and you should consult an appropriate professional for specific advice tailored to your situation.
6. Canada's Semiconductor Council makes no representations about the suitability, reliability, timeliness, and accuracy of the information, products, and services contained on this Website for any purpose. All such information, products, and services are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind.
7. Canada's Semiconductor Council hereby disclaims all warranties and conditions with regard to the information, products, and services contained on this Website, including all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement.
8. In no event shall Canada's Semiconductor Council be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages or any damages whatsoever including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in any way connected
- with the use or performance of this website,
- with the delay or inability to use this website,
- with the provision of or failure to provide services, or
- for any information, software, products, services, and related graphics obtained through this website, or otherwise arising out of the use of this website, whether based on contract, tort, strict liability, or otherwise, even if Canada's Semiconductor Council has been advised of the possibility of damages.
10. Canada's Semiconductor Council reserves the right in its sole discretion to deny any user access to this Website, any interactive service herein, or any portion of this Website without notice, and the right to change the terms, conditions, and notices under which this Website is offered.
11. This Agreement contains the entire agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter hereof and supersedes any and all prior agreements or understandings, written or oral, between the parties related to the subject matter hereof. No modification of this Agreement shall be valid unless made in writing and signed by both of the parties hereto. 12. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario. Exclusive jurisdiction and venue shall be in the Toronto, Ontario Court.
Binding Effect. This Agreement shall be binding upon all who use Canada's Semiconductor Council services, property, and other assets mentioned in this agreement with respect to this Website and associated content, and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral, or written with respect to this Website. A printed version of this agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. Fictitious names of companies, products, people, characters, and/or data mentioned herein are not intended to represent any real individual, company, product, or event. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.